How to Give Back to the Deke House
In order to preserve the legacy of 150 years of Dekes at Cornell, it is essential that we invest in our brotherhood and our chapter lodge at 13 South Avenue. There are a number of ways to do so:
- Make a tax-free contribution by credit card, check, or stock transfer to the Delta Chi Association, a 501c3 organization run by Cornell Deke Alumni on behalf of the Delta Chi Chapter.
- Make a tax-free contribution by credit card, check, or stock transfer to Cornell University’s DKE Group Housing Fund #277009.
- Volunteer your time and energy on behalf of the chapter, be it through participating in one of our events, reaching out to engage your classmates, or joining one of our committees.
Support DKE Through the Delta Chi Association
Gifts made to the Delta Chi Association enable our organization to make investments in maintaining the bonds of brotherhood, preserving our historic fraternity house for future generations of Dekes, and promoting intellectual endeavors and undergraduate achievement through student-run educational and philanthropic programs.
Contributions may be made by credit card as a single installment or in reoccurring installments by clicking the “Contribute to DKE” button below. You may also consider giving through one of the other following methods:
- Make a one-time gift of stock to the Delta Chi Association (and avoid capital gains taxes on those shares) by having your financial advisor send the stock to our brokerage account with Charles Schwab. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing us of the donation so we can be sure to credit your contribution correctly. Your financial advisor will need the following information to send the stock successfully: Charles Schwab & Co, DTC Clearing 0164, Code 40, Account 8522-7011.
- Include the Delta Chi Association in your estate planning by leaving cash or stock contributions in your will or by designating the organization as a beneficiary for your IRA or 401K.
- Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA to the Delta Chi Association to avoid unnecessary taxation on that income. Instructions on how to initiate such a gift may be found here.
- Send a gift by check or money order to the Delta Chi Association by filling out and following the mailing instructions on our printable contribution card.
Support DKE Through Cornell University
For those brothers interested in giving to DKE that would like to receive recognition from Cornell for your gift, you may do that as well by designating the Delta Kappa Epsilon Group Housing Fund #277009 when making any contribution to Cornell.
To make an online gift through the Cornell University Giving page, click the “Give to DKE via Cornell” button below. When reaching the page, click the red “Give Now” button. From there, select “Other” under the list of funds and click “next step.” Enter “Delta Kappa Epsilon Group Housing Fund #277009” in the space provided for instructions on who to apply the gift to.
Join Your Fellow Alums in Supporting the Chapter
There are many non-financial ways to support the house and the active brotherhood. We are always looking for individuals that would like to join one of our committees, engage with active brothers in Ithaca, or find ways to connect with other DKE alums closer to home. Please contact Mike Furman ’79 at email@example.com or Pete Bachrach ’01 at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and we can discuss how to get you better involved!
Delta Chi Association Disclaimer:
The Delta Chi Association, Inc., has been designated by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and the contributions you make are fully tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law as charitable contribution. Your contribution may well qualify for matching funds from your employer. An annual contribution of $75 or more will make the contributor a member in good standing of the Delta Chi Association and endow them with the privileges of membership including voting rights for association board members and officers. Delta Chi Association members are urged to consider making annual contributions at the Delta Chi Society ($250) or Clifton Beckwith Brown Circle ($750) giving levels if you are in a position to do so.
Except for Cornell University, the Delta Chi Association does not trade or exchange donor data with other organizations. We do not send out solicitation emails on behalf of organizations or rent our mailing lists to them. We provide Cornell University with the contact information of donors, unless the donors request that we withhold that information. Please contact email@example.com if you want special handling of your contact data.